WENY is seeking to resolve negotiation with DirecTV

Man Injured in Horseheads Fire

Written By: Renata Stiehl
Man Injured in Horseheads Fire

     HORSEHEADS (WENY) -- Fire officials aren't releasing the name of a man saved from his home in a fire last night in Horseheads.
     Fire crews responded to calls of flames pouring out of a window of the home at 235 Lee Avenue around 10:30pm Wednesday. Horseheads Fire Chief Art Sullivan says two of the man's neighbors, one of whom is a volunteer firefighter, rescued the man from the burning home. He was initially taken to Arnot Ogden Medical Center, and later transferred to Strong Memorial Hospital, where he's listed in guarded condition.
      Neighbors tell us the man's name is John Stewart, Senior. The fire has been ruled accidental.