- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/24/2017 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/24/2017 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/24/2017 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/24/2017 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/24/2017 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/24/2017 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/24/2017 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/24/2017 10:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/24/2017 10:00 AM EST
New Details: Pharmacy Armed Robbery
Southport (WENY) -- People are shocked their Southport neighborhood drug store was robbed at gun point.
"It's horrifying," said customer Janet Usselman. "Scares you to death. Anyone could have been in there."
In complete daylight, a white male about 5'10 walked into Steed's Pharmacy with only his eyes showing through a cut-out hoodie.
He pulled out the gun and made his way behind the counter to steal what police describe as an unknown quantity of narcotics.
A few customers said they were inside the store just minutes before the robbery took place, and they were worried knowing that Matt, the owner, as well as two female employees were working at the time.
"I was just waiting for my meds," said Stefanie Goodwin. "I left there and then I called about quarter after, five minutes after one because she told me to call back within the hour, and then within the hour, the robbery happened."
The suspect ran out the rear of the store through a residential back yard. Owner Matt Steed confronted him and was then fired at, but wasn't hit.
"They're the nicest people," said Usselman about the pharmacy employees. "They're just everyday working hard people. This is a pharmacist who won't open on weekends so he can spend time with his family. It's awful."
The suspect was last seen leaving the area in a dark blue or black two-door sedan with New York license plates. Police are still investigating and searching for the suspect. The whole situation leaves neighbors uneasy.
"Knowing stuff like this happens down the street from my sister kind of scares me a little bit," said Danee Brewer.
"It's, it's scary," added Goodwin. "People out there, I mean to arm rob them for nothing more than pills, I don't get it."