Elmira/Corning Regional Airport

Stove Causes Fire at Odessa Home

Stove Causes Fire at Odessa Home

ODESSA (WENY)---A home is severely damaged after a fire in Odessa.

Firefighters were called to 300 Church Street around one Monday afternoon to a two-story house fully engulfed in flames.

According to fire officials, the fire started from a stove that was left on, causing severe damage to the kitchen.

The rest of the house has smoke and water damage.

Officials say the homeowner, Mark Sands, lives in Florida and the tenants Toney and Jacinda Greco were not in the house when the fire started.

The Red Cross is assisting.