- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/26/2015 7:00 PM EST
Race Fever Hits Bridge Street
CORNING (WENY) -- It's officially NASCAR weekend at the Glen, and fans got a chance to kick off the big event at Race Fever. Thousands of race fans came to Bridge Street Thursday evening to enjoy food, racing memorabilia and of course, sports cars. Kids also got a chance to take pictures in cars, meet professional drivers and get some pit crew experience.
Jeff Segal, a GRAND-AM champion, enjoys coming to WGI and the Fingerlakes region because of the enthusiasm fans bring to the Glen.
"This whole area has a lot of pride and passion behind Watkins Glen and the racing that takes place there," says Segal.
"We feed on that as the drivers, we like racing in front of a crowd that knows what's going on, they know the teams, they know the drivers, it makes it a lot of fun."
"I like things that are fast," says Pat DeLighe, who enjoys races with all of her family members. "And you meet a lot of people."
To get more information about the races, click on this link: http://www.theglen.com/Tickets-Events/Events/2012/Finger-Lakes-355.aspx