Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 7:00 AM EST
Bath Police See Rising Use of Synthetic Marijuana
Written By: Renata Stiehl
Out of Control Subjects High on Synthetic Pot
BATH (WENY) -- Two Steuben County teenagers are charged with endangering the welfare of a child, after allegedly giving synthetic marijuana to a juvenile.
Police say the juvenile smoked synthetic pot given to him by 18 year old Otto O'Dell, in a marijuana pipe provided by 19 year old Bryan Hughes. The juvenile became sick from the drug while at Bath-Haverling High School, and had to be taken to the hospital.
Bath police say the issues with synthetic marijuana and other synthetic drugs, like bath salts, are growing in the village. Police are seeing increased calls for people high on synthetic drugs, which have a hallucinogenic effect and can lead to mood swings and violence.
"It's the most dangerous drug I've seen in ten years in law enforcement. I've seen people under the influence of almost every drug, and I've never seen people become this violent, ever," said Bath Police Sgt. Colin Taft.
Police say recently, one person was high on synthetic marijuana and so out of control, it took three officers to subdue him.
Currently, synthetic marijuana can be sold legally in New York, making it difficult for police to crack down on users, because they can buy it right from store shelves or online.