- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/26/2015 7:00 PM EST
Conversation with Congressman Tom Reed
Conversation with Tom Reed
ELMIRA (WENY)---Congressman Tom Reed says the economy is struck in a rut.
A day after Reed launched his campaign he's talking jobs and energy.
He hosted a political forum today, with Chemung County Executive Tom Santulli, Senator Tom O'mara and Horseheads Schools Superintendent Ralph Marino.
All panelists talked about the ned for local municipalities to have more control over federal funds allotted to them.
Another hot topics was energy, specifically natural gas drilling.
Reed, O'mara, and Santulli all agree hydro-fracking would create jobs, and spur the local economy, and they're confident it can be done safely with the DEC's help.
Reed pointed to booming northern tier economies as examples.
He says, "It's critical to moving forward and I'm glad the President said that shale formation gas is a safe domestic source of energy and we join him in that sentiment."
Reed plans to bring concerns involving FEMA flood mapping, TSA security and obamacare back to Washington.