- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 8:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
Kansas Company Recalls Meat
WASHINGTON (AP) - Reser's Fine Foods in Topeka, Kan., is recalling about 22,800 pounds of potentially bacteria-tainted chicken, ham and beef products.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Tuesday that the meat products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The meat was shipped to retailers and distributors in 27 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
The USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service listed various "sell by" dates for the recalled products.
There have been no reports of illness. Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, an uncommon and potentially fatal disease. Symptoms can include high fever and severe headache.
For a complete list of the affected recalled products, click here: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2013/rc-059-2013-release