- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 8:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
Senate Passes $3.7 Trillion Budget
Big differences between the U.S. House and Senate Budget
(WENY)- The U.S Senate passed a budget for the first time in over four years over the weekend. The Senate plan is a huge contrast to the Ryan Budget. Differences include 100- billion dollars in infrastructure spending and an overhaul of the tax code. Congressman Tom Reed says that despite the differences, there is some common ground.
Reed says "there seems to be some consensus, I will admit on the need to downsize spending in Washington D.C. That's a good start because to me that's the root of the problem and if we can agree on areas where spending can be reduced we should do that immediately".
The biggest difference is that the Senate plan doesn't balance the budget over the next 10 years. The House plan does although it orders dramatic and controversial changes to Medicare and the tax code.