- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 1:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 1:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/2/2015 12:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/2/2015 12:00 PM EST
Capitol Suspect Killed by Police
7PM: WASHINGTON (AP) - The District of Columbia's police chief says the suspect who led police on a chase from the White House to the Capitol is dead.
Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy Lanier told reporters Thursday evening that shots were fired in two locations. Near the Capitol, police killed the woman driving the black Infiniti with a young child inside. She said the child, who is about a year old, is in good condition and in protective custody.
U.S. Capitol Police Chief Kim Dine said the incident is believed to be an isolated act unrelated to terrorism.
Tourists watched the shooting unfold on Constitution Avenue outside the Capitol as lawmakers inside debated how to end a government shutdown. Police quickly locked down the entire complex temporarily, and both houses of Congress went into recess.3PM UPDATE: WASHINGTON (AP) - US Capitol Police say lockdown on Capitol has been lifted.
WASHINGTON (AP) - Police say the U.S. Capitol has been put on a security lockdown amid reports of possible shots fired outside the building.
People standing outside the Supreme Court across the street from Congress were hurried into the court building by authorities.
In a notice distributed by email, the U.S. Capitol Police advised everyone to "close, lock and stay away from external doors and windows.The notice said gunshots have been reported on Capitol Hill. There are unconfirmed reports of an officer injured.