- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/26/2015 7:00 PM EST
Future Owner Wants to Sue Jackals
ELMIRA (WENY) -- Alleging fraud, the company that has a deal to become the owner of First Arena will ask a federal bankruptcy judge to let it sue the Elmira Jackals on behalf of the current arena operator.
However, both the Jackals hockey team and the current arena operator, known as Elmira Downtown Arena, are businesses controlled by the same person, Michigan businessman Mostafa Afr.
This is according to reporter Jason Whong of WENY-TV's media partner, the Star-Gazette.
Elm Arena LLC, which is owned by local businessman Tom Freeman and has a deal to become the arena owner, filed a request Tuesday in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Rochester, asking Judge Paul Warren to allow the company to sue the Jackals to recover money it thinks rightfully belongs to Elmira Downtown Arena, or EDA, Afrís company that has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the court.
Read more on this story on the Star-Gazette's website: