Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
WIND CHILL WARNING
- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/14/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/14/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/14/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/14/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/14/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/14/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/14/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/14/2016 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/14/2016 11:00 AM EST
73RD PA State Laurel Festival
Written By: Asha McKenzie
WELLSBORO (WENY) -- The 73rd Annual Pennsylvania State Laurel Festival is well underway this weekend in Wellsboro.
This week long celebration is a staple for the small Northern Tier Community as well as the state.
The wide variety of events brings thousands of people into the area and it's all to celebrate the Pennsylvania State flower.
"This is such a community event. we get tons of people from out of town but the community supports this event fully," said Lauren Morral, Event Coordinator at the Wellsboro.
People from around the Twin Tiers came out in numbers for today's Arts and Craft Fair, featuring just about eveything you could imagine, from clothing and jewelry, to handcrafted cheeses.
"I just love these crafts," said Trisha Myers from Troupsburg, NY. "The talents here and just being in a beautiful city like Wellsboro. It's gorgeous."
Over 100 hundred vendors were out on the Green Today.
Some of them participating in the event for the very first time and others who have been apart of it for decades.
"I'm an artist in the area, and I have been doing this show for over 25 years and I enjoy it, it's beautiful weather today," said Bonnie Hilfiger, local artist from Troy.
Hilfiger says the Laurel Festival is one of her biggest shows.
She does everything from decorative face painting to hand painted portraits.
"Very busy, especially tomorrow right at parade time, said Hilfiger. "I got to get all those kids done..."
The Parade will begin at 2 PM and our very own Kellie Meyer is a judge at the Laurel Festival Queen Pageant.