- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 8:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 8:00 AM EST
Arrest Made for 2006 Fatal Crash
PA (WENY) -- Pennsylvania State Police have finally made an arrest related to a fatal 2006 crash. 34-year-old Rhonda Fromm was killed back on October 27, 2006 after a runway trailer crashed into the car she was driving on Route 287 in Middlebury Township.
State police arrested 44-year-old Simon Gigee Monday on two counts of leaving the scene of an accident involving death or personal injury.
One of charges is a felony because of Rhonda's death. The other is a misdemeanor because her husband suffered non-fatal injuries. Gigee is due back in court at a later date.
*Photo courtesy: The Star-Gazette
David Stewart, who is Rhonda Fromm's step-father, sent this statement out to the media regarding the recent arrest.
"We would like to thank Trooper Williams and the other State Police investigators as well as District Attorney Wheeler for their continued interest and investigation of this case. We hope that the courts will take into account the callous nature of this crime, being that the driver was already committing a felony by towing the stolen trailer at the time, as well as his cowardly actions, lack of remorse and depraved indifference both at the time of Rhonda’s death and in the 7 years since. It is our hope that the courts will award the maximum sentences available so that this individual cannot cause the harm and pain to another family that he has to ours."