Broken Valve at Facility in Elmira
Broken valve at Air Gas Facility in Elmira.
April 9, 2014
ELMIRA (WENY) -- Reports were going around Wednesday morning the Air Gas facility in Elmira was evacuated.
Chief Birmingham from the Elmira Fire Department tells us that there was a broken valve but they did not have to make a full scale evacuation, as they did with the gas leak a few months ago.
He says the valve did release some hydrogen from the tank and some did self ignite, but the flames were barely visible and put itself out. The Elmira Fire Department Hazmat Team was called to the scene but there were not further issues.
Employees returned to work shortly after.