Elmira/Corning Regional Airport

News

UPDATE: Chemung House Fire

Written By: Joe Melillo
Chemung House Fire

December 16, 2013

 

TOWN OF CHEMUNG (WENY) -- Fire investigators were able to find the cause behind a fire that damaged a home in the Town of Chemung  Friday night.
      Chemung County fire investigators say the blaze at 1819 Wilawana Road was caused by an overloaded power strip.
     The one person living there wasn't home at the time, but two dogs that lived there died in the fire. The house is still standing but the inside was gutted.
      According to the star gazette The owner is staying with family and is also getting help from the Red Cross.