- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 11/22/2014 8:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 11/22/2014 8:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 11/22/2014 8:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 11/22/2014 8:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 11/22/2014 8:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 11/22/2014 8:00 PM EST
Debit Card Info Stolen from Northern Tier Banks
NORTHERN TIER (WENY) -- Over 200 customers at PS Bank and Community Bank North America had their debit card information compromised.
Pennsylvania State Police say the crooks cloned the customers debit card information and used the cards at various stores and locations nationwide. The stores include Apple, Walgreens, Walmart, Speedway Gas, Marshall's, Circle K, and Dillard's.
Officials say the incident occurred between Feb 25th and March 12th. The investigation is ongoing.
You can visit the bank's websites and find contact information at:
Officials from PS Bank posted this statement on the main website:
Earlier this year, debit cardholders of PS Bank and other local banks experienced an increase in fraudulent activity indicating a possible breach targeting a Wyalusing area merchant. It is important to note that this was in no way a breach of PS Bank or any of our systems, but rather of the merchant or merchants processing the transactions.
Any debit card issued by PS Bank that had a fraudulent transaction as a result of the suspected breach, as well as any other card that was identified at risk for card fraud based on the card usage, was immediately closed. These cards have been replaced and no cardholder incurred a personal financial loss as a result.
We encourage you to call us at (866) 746-1011 with any questions or concerns.