Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 12/12/2016 12:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 12/12/2016 12:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 12/12/2016 12:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 12/12/2016 12:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 12/12/2016 12:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 12/12/2016 12:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 12/12/2016 12:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 12/12/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 12/12/2016 1:00 PM EST
Expansion at Tioga Downs
NICHOLS (WENY) -- Expansion, in the Southern Tier. Tioga Downs is pushing forward as the deadline to apply for a gaming license approaches.
The racino is partnering with another local business, to give tourists another reason to visit. If selected to become a full fledged casino Tioga Downs will take over the Tioga Country Club for 99 years.
The golf course is 3 miles away.
"We'll run shuttle buses back and forth," explained Tom Osiecki, President and COO of American Racing and Gaming. "The club house that we're going to build will be nothing short of spectacular. There's nothing like it in the area."
The new country club will have a pro shop, full restaurant and bar, and locker rooms. It will be 8,000-10,000 square feet.
The Club currently employs 3 full time and about 25 seasonal employees. They will all become Tioga Downs workers.
If the agreement goes through as planned, it'll bring even more jobs to the area.
"It will just give us more stability than we already have," said Vince Carpineta, President of the Board of Directors.
He says they'll continue business as usual if Tioga Downs doesn't get a full casino license.
The racino is also beginning "WinterFest." It will go from Black Friday to New Year's Eve. It will offer wagon rides, carolers, a light show, fire works, and festive music to the proposed resort on weekends for the first time.
They'll be teaming up with local wineries, breweries and tourism departments to create travel packages.
"It's such close proxminity to the Finger Lakes and our great wine country. We have beautiful recreation that we have in our sate parks and campgrounds in the area. This is just one alternative for families to do on a trip to the Southern Tier," said Senator Tom O'Mara.
Tioga downs has until the end of June to apply for a gaming license. Osiecki says they're finishing up the application.