Home Seriously Damaged in Elmira Fire
A home went completely up in flames early Friday morning in the City of Elmira.
April 11, 2014
ELMIRA (WENY) - A home went completely up in flames early Friday morning in the City of Elmira. Calls came over the scanner just after 4:00AM Friday.
Police say when fire crews arrived at 403 West Gray Street the fire was on the first floor, then spread quickly to the second. Two children were on the second floor of the home but everyone made it out safe. However, some animals may not have gotten out.
Police say it was a grease fire. Investigators are looking into exactly what happened, according to officers, there were some house guests that ran away from the scene when the fire started. WENY will keep you informed of the latest information.