Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
WINTER STORM WARNING
- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/24/2017 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/24/2017 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/24/2017 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/24/2017 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/24/2017 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/24/2017 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/24/2017 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/24/2017 10:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/24/2017 10:00 AM EST
Local Fire Dept. Takes Part In ALS Challenge
HORSEHEADS (WENY) - A local fire department is used to feeling the heat but on Thursday Night they felt a little cold.
Town and Country Fire Department took part in the ALS ice Bucket challenge.
"We probably used about 600 gallons of water," said Chris walton, President of Membership at the Town and Country Fire Department. "And it's done and over with for us and with the ALS. That's a challenge that they fight for a lifetime."
The Town and country fire department came together in numbers tonight and not just to fight fires.
They joined in on the ALS Ice bucket challenge, but took this social media awareness trend to a whole other level.
And Fire Chief Don Fischer was a little late the first time around, so they all had another go at it.
And as Chief Fischer was participating in the challenge, he thought of Horseheads High School teacher Brendan McCarthy, who is suffering from the disease.
"Every walk of life is a challenge," said Chief Fischer. "And to see someone with a young family, do it with any type of a disease. If we can give back to it in anyway. We feel gratified to do it."
"Definitely donate. The challenge part is wonderful but the donation is better," said Ray Colwell, Board of Directors President.
And the firefighter along with the fire board of directors will donate $200 dollars to the ALS association.
And they are challenging others to do the same.
"We're challenging every fire department from Chemung County. Every fire department from Schuyler County," said a Town and Country Firefighter. "And our friends from Lake Aerial Pennsylvania, the Diperro brothers and their department."
You've been challenged and now you have 24 hours or you can donate to the ALS association on their website at http://www.alsa.org/.