- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/26/2015 7:00 PM EST
Man Arrested in Deadly Hit and Run
July 28, 2014
TIOGA COUNTY, NY (WENY) -- New York State Police are asking anyone with information to come forward about a deadly hit and run case that happened over the weekend.
33-year old Jason Townsend, of Nichols was arrested Saturday. Police said he turned himself into them hours after the crash.
Officers tell WENY News that 41-year old Daniel Manwaring, a father of four, was hit and killed by Townsend's Nissan SUV early Saturday morning on West Whitcomb Hill Road in Tioga.
The 41-year-old victim was out for a run with his wife, Karen who was also hit and immediately taken to Wilson Hospital. She was treated for non-life threatening injuries. She was out of the hospital by Monday morning.
A candlelight vigil for Manwaring took place Sunday night at the Tioga central football field. Still no word from police on a cause for the crash or if speed or alcohol were factors.
As for the suspect, he's expected to see a judge on Monday. Stay with WENY News for updates on this developing story.