- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
Monterey Shock Rally Deadline
Deadline to sign up for bus to Albany today.
February 28, 2014
Elmira, N.Y. (WENY) -- New York State Senator Tom O'Mara is heading up to the Capitol on Tuesday, March 11, to fight Governor Cuomo's plan to shut down Monterey Shock. The March 11 rally in Albany is scheduled to begin at 11:30 a.m. in the West Capitol Park.
There isn't a cost to people wanting to get on the bus you just have to reserve a seat. The registration deadline is Friday, February 28.
"We're not giving up the fight to save Monterey Shock. Here’s another opportunity for the community to show their support for saving the local jobs, the vital local community services and all of Monterey’s other positive impacts locally. I hope the Cuomo administration hears us in Albany on March 11th. We need to keep making the case to Governor Cuomo that there are more effective ways to achieve the short- and long-term goals we share without closing a high-quality, community-oriented and cost-effective facility like Monterey,” O'Mara said.
NYSCOPBA members and retirees can register online at http://www.nyscopba.org/ or by calling 1-888-484-7279. Anyone from the general public interested in additional details and to sign up to attend the rally should contact Mike Dildine at 518-275-6656.