- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 1:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 1:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/2/2015 12:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/2/2015 12:00 PM EST
Tioga Downs Owner Hopes for Casino
NICHOLS --[WENY] The owner of Tioga downs hopes his racino could soon welcome table games like blackjack and poker.
The Owner, Jeff Gural, say's he'd be ready to break ground as soon as Governor Cuomo's proposal to bring as many as three casino's in upstate New York is approved and he thinks his rasino is a perfect fit.
"If you look at it geographically it's a good location because you know we're centrally located between elmira binghamton ithaca we've got pennsylvania you know, so if you look around theres no other casino in the neighborhood," said Gural.
If Tioga Downs is given a permit Jeff's plans go even further.
He plans to build a 135 room hotel that can host meetings, weddings and other large events.
He'd like to add in a spa, some nice restaurants, and an indoor parking garage as well.
"I personally have a lot of confidence in the Governor and I'm going to do my best to convince him that you should get a license over here and some of the other tracks just because we need jobs and we can get up and running so quickly compared to bringing in some outside company," said Gral.
Gov. Cuomo proposed a gaming commission will decide between bidders for where the casinos will be built.
But lawmakers would still need to approve a plan, and it would require a constitutional amendment approved by voters.
The vote could come as soon as November.