Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY
WIND CHILL ADVISORY
- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 1:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 1:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/31/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/2/2015 12:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/2/2015 12:00 PM EST
Attn. Target Shoppers: No Guns Allowed
ELMIRA (WENY) -- Another retail giant joins in on the gun debate. Target, revised its policy, asking customers not to bring firearms into its stores.
It all started after gun control group- Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America - rallied to get support for its petition against Target's policy when gun rights groups carrying loaded rifles gathered in Target stores throughout the country in support of open carry laws.
Open carry laws mean you can have a gun visible in a holster or belt. New York is a concealed carry state and Pennsylvania is an open carry state, where gun owners need a permit to carry it concealed
In a statement released by Target, CEO John Mulligan said,"This is a complicated issue, but it boils down to a simple belief: Bringing firearms to Target creates an environment that is at odds with the family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create."
WENY News wanted to see what you thought. Here's a look at what some people are saying on our Facebook Page (Facebook.com/WENYTV)
Deborah Lane said:
"I personally don't care if someone has their gun with them. However, if u feel that insecure without it, maybe u should shop on-line"
Gerry Shriver said:
"Good for target"
And Donald Wolfe said:
"I shall respectfully shop some where else."
Target joins Chipotle, Starbucks and Jack in the Box, with similar decisions.