- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 3/4/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 3/4/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 3/4/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 3/4/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 3/4/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 3/4/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 3/4/2015 7:00 AM EST
3 Serious Accidents Friday in Bradford County
BRADFORD COUNTY (WENY) -- It was a deadly day on Northern Tier roads in Bradford County Friday.
Two vehicles were involved in a accident that happened late Friday afternoon on State Route 328 in Millerton, just west of the intersection with State Route 549. Police haven't released many details, but scanners indicated as many as six people may be injured. No word on how many people may have been killed. Police were still on scene after 11PM.
The accident follows another just before 10:30 this morning in Wysox, which killed a motorcycle driver on Route 6.
State Police say the driver of a Harley Davidson was turning right onto Route 6 westbound when he lost control of his motorcycle, and went into the eastbound lane. A Tractor trailer in the oncoming lane was unable to stop, and hit the motorcycle.
The motorcycle driver was pronounced dead at the scene. The truck driver was not injured. Neither driver has been identified.
And in Canton, a car crash killed a 17-year-old boy.
State police say the teeanger was traveling south on Route 14, when he lost control and crossed into the northbound lane, hitting a vehicle with a 44 year old woman with two young children.
The 17 year old was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the other vehicle and two passengers, a 9 year old girl and 7 year old boy, were all taken to Williamsport General Hospital. Police have not released the identities, or the conditions of the three who were injured.