- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 8:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
Fatal Helicopter Crash in Corning
11/16/12 UPDATE: Corning police identify the two victims in the fatal crash as 41 year old Dale Crout of Watkins Glen, and 24 year old Mackenzie Bleth, of Grand Ronde, Oregon. The FAA is still investigating the cause of the crash.
The following is a press release from Steuben County Emergency Management:
At approximately 12:10 p.m. on Thursday, November 15, 2012 a helicopter contracted by NYSEG crashed while inspecting transmission lines just inside the City of Corning. City police and fire departments responded and found the helicopter crashed on the flood control system along the Chemung River just East of Corning East High School.
The helicopter had two occupants both were killed in the crash. Identification of the occupants is not being released at this time pending positive identification and notice of family. The Federal Aviation Administration is on scene and investigating the crash and will determine the cause of the crash. Corning police and fire were assisted at the scene by Corning City Department of Public Works, Rural Metro Ambulance Service, the New York State Police, Steuben County Sheriff’s Office, Painted Post Fire, Steuben County Emergency Services and New York State Electric and Gas.
Still pictures in video courtesy of First Air and Burvee Photography.