Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
RED FLAG WARNING
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 8:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
Hoose in Court on Child Abuse Charges
Written By: Samantha Potter
BATH (WENY) – The man and women that were arrested on Child abuse charges appeared in Bath Village court this afternoon. Both Stephan Hoose and Michelle Campbell were arrested in May. Family members of the infant victim filled the courthouse awaiting for hear from the judge.
Stephan Hoose is being charged with reckless assault of a child, endangering the welfare of a child and criminal contact. He allegedly threw an infant into a chair, causing serious injuries to the infant, including a fractured skull. Hoose plead not guilty to the charges.
Michelle Campbell is being charged with two counts of second-degree assault, and one count of endangering the welfare of a child, She allegedly caused third degree burns to the infant, once with a lit cigarette and once by holding the child's arm against a hot stove .
Hoose's defense attorney Ted Cooper says he will be in negotiation with the district attorney to come up with a plea bargain. Hoose's bail is set to $7,500 dollars cash or a 15,000 dollar property bond.
Family members of the one and half year old victim say they want appropriate consequences to be made in order to provide future protection for the infant. Hoose is scheduled back in court on August 4th.