Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
WINTER STORM WARNING
- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/2/2015 4:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/2/2015 4:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/2/2015 4:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/2/2015 4:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/2/2015 4:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/2/2015 4:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/2/2015 4:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/2/2015 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/2/2015 1:00 PM EST
Tioga Downs Submits Gaming License Application
Written By: Samantha Potter
NICHOLS (WENY) -- The owners of Tioga Down made the next step in the process to try and win a casino gaming license in New York State.
Tioga Downs Racino submitted a 300-thousand page application to be approved for a proposed $90 million expansion project. If Tioga Downs is approved for a full gaming license, they plan to add a Country Club Golf Resort, a 136 room hotel, and multiple new restaurants. Work is already underway on a 275 space parking garage, located next to the casino. Owner Jeff Gural says he's already worked with the state to tackle any anticipated traffic problems in the small town of Nichols.
Tioga Downs is in the running against a proposed casino in Binghamton. Traditions at the Glen, which submitted its own application for a resort and casino.
Gural says he's hopeful Tioga Downs will get the license, and Traditions doesn't stand a chance. “I cant think of anything with the unions and I cant think of anything we don't have. No one is as far along as we are. No one. I know the people at Traditions. I haven't seen any traffic studies. I haven't seen any final sequel or environmental and the people up there we haven't seen things get approved,” said Gural at Mondays press conference.
The state will be reviewing all applications over the summer and is expected to make their selections by October. Tioga Downs also announced that if approved, it will donate half a million dollars annually to charities throughout the Southern Tier.