Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
RED FLAG WARNING
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 8:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
Launch of the Lake Toga Party at WGI
Written By: Samantha Potter
WATKINS GLEN (WENY) This weekend is the annual Fingerlakes Wine Festival at Watkins Glen International Raceway. And party goers are trading racecars and beer for togas and wine. Tonight is the Launch of the Lakes party where people dress up in togas and get a preview of what wineries will be at the festival.
“So the togas are encouraged but not required and people have a lot of fun with it. We got some sesame street themes. We’ve got some hippies behind us I think and there’s a contest involved,” says Betsy Mayers, the Senior Manger of Public Relations.
People dressed in everything from traditional toga attire to....”What are you man? I'm a hippie, I'm just a hippie and were just having fun at wine fest this year.”
This years festival will host 90 different wineries, cheese tasting, live music, and even culinary classes.The president of WGI, Michael Printup says they are expecting ten to twelve thousand
This event will be going on all weekend long.