Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 7:00 AM EST
Tioga County (PA) to be part of new 10th Congressional District
"I know why I was sent here and for whom I work. It’s my constituents back in PA-10,” said Rep. Tom Marino.
Marino, a Republican, was first elected to Pennsylvania’s 10th Congressional District seat in 2010. Due to redistricting, the lines of the 10th District were redrawn for the 2012 election, and it now includes all of Bradford County and most of Tioga County, which had previously been part of the 5th District, represented by fellow Republican Glenn Thompson.
“I am very familiar with Tioga County, because I used to practice law there from Williamsport,” explained Marino.
Marino grew up in Williamsport, and after high school, he worked at Stroehmann’s. At age 30, he went to college for the first time. He graduated law school, and eventually became Lycoming County’s district attorney. He says he thought about running for Congress a few times, but the time wasn’t right until 2010. Outspent by incumbent Democrat Chris Carney, Marino was told he had no chance.
“We ran the campaign like we ran our first D.A. campaign – knocking on doors and meeting people,” he said.
Marino beat Carney by 12 percentage points. He’s proud of what he’s accomplished in his first two years in office.
“We’ve cut more discretionary spending than anyone else in the history of this country with the exception of around World War II. And we’re continuing with that message,” said Marino.
There are now 15 counties represented in the new 10th Congressional District, and Marino says he wants to be accessible to all his constituents. Marino does have a Democratic challenger this year – Phil Scollo, a management consultant from Pike County, which is at the eastern end of the district.