- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/26/2015 11:00 PM EST
PA University Faculty Approve Union Contract
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - Unionized faculty members at Pennsylvania's 14 state-owned universities have overwhelmingly endorsed a new four-year contract.
The Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties said Friday that 95 percent of the faculty members who voted supported the pact.
The board of the State System of Higher Education is scheduled to consider ratifying the contract on March 20.
The 5,500 faculty members had been working without a contract since June 2011.
The four-year pact recommended by union leaders includes concessions on health care, but calls for pay raises of 1 or 2 percent in each of the last three years.
About 115,000 students attend the universities in Bloomsburg, California, Cheyney, Clarion, East Stroudsburg, Edinboro, Indiana, Kutztown, Lock Haven, Mansfield, Millersville, Shippensburg, Slippery Rock and West Chester.