WENY News - Cooking oil causes fire inside Bath home

Cooking oil causes fire inside Bath home

Posted: Updated:

BATH, N.Y. (WENY) - A reported structure fire broke out in the Village of Bath on Saturday morning around 7:44. 

The Bath Volunteer Fire Department says the fire broke out at 51 West Steuben Street. Upon arrival there was smoke coming from the downstairs apartment. Bath Fire Chief, Matt Glashauser called for an engine from the Bath VA to respond to the scene. Before fire crews arrived, a Bath Village Police Officer entered through the rear door, knocking down a majority of the fire with an extinguisher. 

Fire crews say the blaze was caused by cooking oil boiling over on the stove, igniting and spreading up the wall in the downstairs apartment. 

There were no injuries. 

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Frankly and WENY. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.