Chemung River Friends announce "cheaper, shorter and quicker" shuttle service
The new Chemung River Boat Launch Shuttle is now cheaper, shorter and quicker.
The service, which is hosted by the Chemung River Friends and First Transit, transports people and their canoes or kayaks to boat launches along the river.
RELATED COVERAGE: Chemung River Boat Launch Shuttle Kicks off this Weekend
As WENY News originally reported earlier this month, the tickets were $20. Now, the tickets are $15. Chemung River Friends says the shuttle will also shorten the route, and spend less time at each stop. The shuttle will make stops at 6 different boat launches on the 16-mile route. The shuttle will run the same route every Saturday morning until September 29th.
1. Start at Toll Bridge Boat Launch, Wellsburg, Town of Ashland, 9:30 a.m.
2. To Dunn Field, Elmira: 7 miles, 9:55 a.m.
3. To Grove St., Elmira, 2 miles, 10: 05 a.m.
4. To Fitch's Bridge, Big Flats, 3 miles, 10:10 a.m.
5. To Minier's/Sen. Smith Boat Launch, Big Flats, 5 miles, 10:30 a.m.
6. To Bottcher's Landing Boat Launch, Big Flats, 1 mile, 10:40 a.m.
Total: 18 miles/1hour and 40 minutes bus trip.
You must register and buy a shuttle ticket on line at www.eventbrite.com prior to your planned trip.
Ticket sales will end at midnight the Friday before each trip.