August events along the Seneca Lake Wine Trail
WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. (WENY) -- The Seneca Lake Wine Trail is home to 31 member wineries in the Southern Tier. Nearly all of them host unique events, including laid-back live music to more in-depth tasting experiences, and even unique dining opportunities.
Here are a few events to be on the lookout for in the month of August:
27th Annual Glorious Garlic Festival at Fox Run Vineyards
- It all kicks off on Friday, August 2 at 5 p.m. with a concert by Celtic rock band "The Town Pants"
- Festival takes place Saturday, August 3 - Sunday, August 4 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day
- Feast on food flavored with fresh garlic; enjoy festival vendors, including regional garlic farmers; pick up a tip from local Finger lakes chefs during cooking demonstrations
- Free admission and parking
Tapas Tuesdays on the Terrace at Glenora Wine Cellars
- Tapas and wine special every Tuesday from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Delicious wine and small plates, all enjoyed from the terrace overlooking vineyards and Seneca Lake
- Each week will feature a different tapa, red and white wine, with special created to help you enjoy a little bit of everything
Sunset Saturdays at Boundary Breaks Vineyards
- Saturday, August 10 from 5 to 9 p.m.
- Food, live music, wine, and a view
- Musical performances feature Donna Colton and the Troublemakers
- No cover -- just pay for your wine and food
Third Thursday Live Music at Anthony Road Wine Company
- Local, live, original music accompanied by regional eats
- Thursday, August 15 from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Free event
- Lawn chairs and blankets welcomed
- Wine is available by the glass and bottle, and non-alcoholic beverages are also available
For more information, check out the wine trail's web calendar.