Corning man arrested following investigation into domestic violence incidents
CORNING, N.Y. (WENY) – Police say a Corning man was arrested on two warrants and is facing a slew of charges, including burglary and attempted assault.
On Thursday around 8:40 a.m., officers from the Corning Police Department and deputies from the Steuben County Sheriff's office arrested 28-year-old Erik Huyler of Corning. Police say they took him into custody as he tried to run away from a home in Lamphear Court.
Huyler was reportedly wanted on two city court arrested warrants following an investigation into two separate domestic violence incidents that happened on June 30 and July 5.
Huyler was arraigned on the following charges:
- One count of Burglary in the Second Degree, a felony
- Two counts of Aggravated Criminal Contempt, a felony
- One count of Criminal Mischief in the Fourth Degree, a misdemeanor
- One count of Petit Larceny, a misdemeanor
- One count Attempted Assault in the Third Degree, a misdemeanor