Elmira College Career Services Details Student Requirements
ELMIRA, N.Y. (WENY) -- Brenna Weston, Director of Career Services at Elmira College joined us this morning in our studios to go over the Community Service requirements for all Elmira College Students.
Here's a quick list of some of the requirements and upcoming events:
- First Day of Classes is Monday, September 2, 2019
- All Elmira College students are required to complete 60 hours of community service, locally, before graduating.
- Office of Career Services hosts an annual Community Service Fair to connect students with local nonprofit organizations. This year’s event is September 12.
- As part of their First Year Seminar program, the Class of 2023 will complete community service hours on September 29 in partnership with area organizations, including Elmira Downtown Development and the City of Elmira.
- Local nonprofit organizations with volunteer opportunities can contact the EC Office of Career Services at 607-735-1830.