Police release more information about Schuyler County police chase suspect
WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. (WENY) – We're learning more about the man accused of leading police on a chase throughout Schuyler County and parts of northern Chemung County Wednesday afternoon.
Police say the chase started in the Village of Montour Falls when 24-year-old Nicholas Ingersoll allegedly refused to stop while a Schuyler County Sheriff's Deputy was trying to pull him over.
That chase went through the Towns of Montour, Catharine, Veteran, Catlin, Dix and Orange.
During the pursuit, police say Ingersoll also hit a Schuyler County Sheriff's Patrol vehicle and tried to hit a New York State Police vehicle.
He was arrested in Monterey – which is in the Town of Orange – after leaving his car and trying to run on foot. Officers say he was also found with “several components and materials used in the production of methamphetamine”.
Ingersoll was charged with the following:
- Unlawfully fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle in the third degree, a class A misdemeanor
- Reckless Endangerment in the first degree, a class D Felony
- Criminal Mischief in the third degree, a class E Felony
- Reckless Driving, an unclassified misdemeanor
- Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a motor vehicle in the third degree, an unclassified misdemeanor
- Unlawful Manufacture of Methamphetamine in the third degree, a Class D Felony
- Multiple Vehicle and Traffic violations
As WENY news reported, Ingersoll was arraigned in the Village of Montour Falls Court where he was sent to jail on $10,000 bail. He's due back in court on September 10.