Elmira's Timothy Miller signs to play baseball at Wells College
ELMIRA, N.Y. (WENY) - From the Elmira Express to the Wells College Express, Elmira senior Timothy Miller signed on Monday to play baseball for Wells College.
Miller has come back from two seasons of injuries with ACL and UCL injuries, and he played a major role for the Express in their successful season and a run to the Section IV Class AA Championship series. On the mound, Miller has thrown 18.1 innings with 14 strikeouts and has an ERA of 3.16. He will join a Wells College program that currently has Elmira grads, Max and Zack Odum on the roster.
Miller says this moment is something he's always dreamed of.
"After everything I've been through, three injuries, to finally Manwaring helping me out to get to the next level, it feels really nice" said Miller. "I went up there and it was automatic, it felt really nice. I know there are a couple of Elmira kids up there that I can play with and it'll be like a family."
"Some goals that I have is definitely in the gym, I want to get bigger, stronger, faster, get back after my injuries, get my leg healed back to normal, and then get everything back together in the swing of things" he added.
When asked what he'll cherish the most from his high school career at Elmira, Miller said "Just the memories with everyone and everyone coming together and being friends and all of the hard work we put in and coming together this year and beating Corning."
Miller joins nine other Elmira student-athletes who were recognized and signed to compete at the collegiate level in late May.
- Timothy Miller: Wells College - Baseball
- Jacob Rose: Misericordia College - Swimming
- Ben Allen: Houghton College - Cross Country and Track & Field
- Lydia Benjamin: SUNY Geneseo - Swimming & Diving
- Tyler Marks: St. John Fisher - Football
- Megan Fedor: St. Thomas Aquinas - Basketball
- Amarionah Dixon: Tompkins-Cortland Community College - Basketball
- Lauren Miller: Mansfield University - Basketball
- Nasir King: SUNY Morrisville - Cross Country and Track & Field
- Ashleigh Bertelsen: Ithaca College - Track & Field