- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
Corning Incorporated Sponsors Gorilla Fund
Corning (WENY) -- Corning Incorporated donated $25,000 to Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International, the non-profit that inspires the Corning Gorilla Glass marketing campaign.
Fossey Fund directors were at Corning Inc. headquarters today giving presentations on the endangered species. They plan on using the donation to continue monitoring and protecting gorillas in Africa. Gorilla Glass leaders say the Fund helps their marketing campaign stay accurate by giving input with images and behavioral issues of the animal.
"This partnership with the Dian Fossey Fund works perfectly for Corning," said David Velasquez, director of marketing for Gorilla Glass. "As you know, Corning wants to make the world a better place -- it's at the core of our innovations. This contribution to the fund helps make the world a better place through conservation and animal protection."
This is the second year Corning worked with the non-profit, making it an official sponsor.