- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/14/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/14/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/14/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/14/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/14/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/14/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/14/2016 1:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/14/2016 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/14/2016 11:00 AM EST
Elmira Meth Bust on W. Gray Street
UPDATE: Police have arrested 43-year-old Jamie Lawson in connection with the meth bust and charged him with criminal possession of a controlled substance. Lawson lived at the home where the meth lab was discovered. He's now in the Chemung County jail without bail, and more charges are expected. Another woman at the home was arrested after it was discovered she was wanted for Petit Larceny, but she is not charged in connection to the meth investigation.
Elmira (WENY) -- For the second time this week, cops raided an Elmira house looking for the tell-tale signs of a meth lab. Around 8 a.m., a SWAT team raided the house at 373 West Gray Street.
Dozens of neighbors lined the street while a hazmat team searched the house, and the majority of them said, unfortunately, they're not too surprised about yet another meth bust in Elmira.
"I don't think they're becoming a bigger problem, I just think it's an ongoing problem," said Elmira resident Samuel Draper.
"It's a little scary, but a little not out of the ordinary for this area, unfortunately," added neighbor Tabitha Summers.
A hazmat team and Chemung County investigators spent hours at the Elmira home looking for the makings of methamphetamine.
"We have located what appears to be methamphetamine related items in the residence, and that's why safety precautions are being taken with the fire department," said Lieutenant Sean Holley of the Chemung County Sheriff's Office.
The operation shut down Gray Street between Columbia and Davis for hours. Neighbors were told to leave their homes while police executed the search warrant.
"It's always a disappointment in the neighborhood when there's something of illegal, dramatic activities, especially in these few neighborhoods around here," said Draper.