Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 1/27/2015 7:00 AM EST
Victims Identified in Route 13 fatal crash
Written By: Renata Stiehl
HORSHEADS (WENY) -- Authorities have identified the people involved in a fatal head-on collision on Route 13 in Horseheads Sunday.
The Chemung County Sheriff's Office says 25 year old Justine Brown of Southport was traveling south on Route 13 in a Toyota Yaris, when a Ford Freestar minivan driven by 69 year old Anges Darling of Elmira crossed into Brown's path from the northbound lane.
The two vehicles collided head-on; Brown was pronounded dead at the scene. Darling, who had two adult and three child passengers in the minivan, was airlifted to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester with hip and pelvic factures, and internal bleeding. One of the children in Darling's minivan was taken to Arnot Ogden Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
Authorities are still investigating what caused Darling to cross over into the other lane; no charges or tickets have been filed at this time.