- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 8:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 8:00 AM EST
Graco to Recall 1.9 Million Infant Carseats
DETROIT (AP) - Graco Children's Products is recalling 1.9 million infant car seats, agreeing to government demands in what is now the largest seat recall in American history.
The recall came after a five-month spat between Graco and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Earlier this year the company recalled 4.2 million toddler seats for a harness buckle problem. But it resisted the agency's demand to recall the infant seats.
Buckles can get gummed up by food and drinks, making it difficult to remove children. In some cases parents had to cut harnesses to get their kids out. The agency says that increases the risk of injuries in emergencies.
Graco argued that infant seats are used differently, and in an emergency, an adult can remove the whole seat rather than using the buckle.
Affected infant car seats:
|Model Name||Dates Produced|
SnugRide Classic Connect
|March 1, 2011 through May 31, 2013|
SnugRide Classic Connect 30
|July 1, 2010 through January 31, 2013|
SnugRide Classic Connect 35
|May 1, 2011 through January 31, 2013|
|SnugRide Click Connect 40||June 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012|
|Aprica A30||July 1, 2011 through April 30, 2012|
For more information on the recall and affected car seats, click here: https://secure.gracobucklerecall.com/recall2014