- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/16/2016 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/16/2016 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/16/2016 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/16/2016 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/16/2016 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/16/2016 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/16/2016 7:00 AM EST
Lawmakers Still Worried about New Healthcare Law
WASHINGTON D.C. (WENY) -- Thirty-nine percent of Americans now favor the health care reform law, known to many as Obamacare – that's according to a CNN/ORC Poll released this week. It's a four percent increase in approval since the poll was last conducted in December.
The survey also suggests 57 percent of people oppose the law, but that opposition isn't just coming from conservatives. According to the study, 12 percent of people oppose the law because it isn't liberal enough. The law has had its share of problems since it was introduced. There was the issue with the website roll-out, multiple delays in the implementation of the employer mandate, and more than 50 attempts by the Republican-controlled House of Representatives to repeal it. Congressman Tom Reed says even with the survey showing a small increase in approval rating, the people he's talking to are seeing negative effects from the law.
“The overwhelming response we're seeing from the district and across the country is the ACA is just not working," says Rep. Reed. "People repeatedly come up to me and say Obamacare just isn't working.”
The deadline for individuals to sign up for an insurance plan is fast approaching. As it stands now, you must sign up by March 31st or you could face a fine. . Newly released statistics say 4.2 million people have already enrolled in a plan. The Obama administration hopes to have 7 million enrolled by the end of the month.