Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 9:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 8:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 5/23/2015 8:00 AM EST
150th Street Signs In Elmira
Written By: Asha McKenzie
ELMIRA (WENY) -- Some downtown Elmira Streets will be getting a brand new look for Elmira's 150th Celebration.
The Sesquecentennial Committee will be replacing the regular street signs with decorative ones, that will honor the city's history.
In six weeks, 53 new street place cards can be seen throughout the downtown area from water to second street and from Madison to College Avenue.
Member of the 150TH sign committee say this enhancement project will promote a sense of community and pride for city residents.
They hope these signs will encourage the importance of neighborhood preservation and history, and enhance the visitor experience.
"I'm hoping they will look at it and say wow this city is so old and so neat and give them a new look and a new feel to to it," said Brent Stermer, member of the Susquicentennial Sign Committee. "It's a quick way to show people who may not know a lot about the community."
The community can also get involved by Sponsoring a sign, which were designed by Howell Liberatore Associates.
A 250-dollar donation to the Community Foundation will get your name on an intersection place card.
However, the signs are limited and are on a first come first serve basis.
All you need to do is fill out an application at city hall.