Elmira/Corning Regional Airport

News

Fire Breaks out on East Market Street

Corning House Fire

CORNING (WENY)--- A fire broke out late last night on Corning's East Market Street, leaving a family without a home.

Fire Chief John Tighe tells us the call came in around 10 to 337 East Market. The blaze spread from the garage to the first and second floor of the house and even to the attic.

Tighe says it took a couple of hours to get flames completely extinguished. He says the fire appears to be accidental.