Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/30/2015 8:45 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/30/2015 8:45 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/30/2015 8:45 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 5/30/2015 8:45 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 6/1/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 6/1/2015 11:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 6/1/2015 11:00 AM EST
Drug Use Possible in Kanona Woman’s Disappearance
BATH (WENY) -- Police have been following up on several leads since 40-year-old Bobbi Jo Hatter of Kanona, New York went missing Wednesday night. She was last seen walking around her home on Chamberlain Road and was reportedly disoriented and confused.
Steuben County Undersheriff, Jim Allard says it's very possible Bath Salts played a role in Hatter's condition and disappearance.
She was last seen by her mother, who started looking for her about ten minutes after she was last seen. Investigators say it initially seemed like Hatter got a ride from the area. They've been talking to family members and people in the area since then.
Today, as many as 17 officers in total from the Steuben County Sheriff's Office, State Police, and Forest Rangers searched the area by foot and helicopter.
This is the second large-scale search since 2012 when Melissa Sherry went missing and later was found dead in cornfield after allegedly using Bath Salts.
Police continue to look into the latest leads.
"Our best information leads us to believe she's in a location where she can satisfy the needs she's attempting to satisfy right now," said Undersheriff Allard. "As far as an actual physical location we have yet to determine an actual physical location where she is."
Officers say Hatter was last seen wearing blue jeans, sneakers and a black jacket with white stripes. Anyone with information is asked to call 911.