- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN STEUBEN COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 8:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN YATES COUNTY, NY UNTIL 4/18/2015 7:00 PM EST
UPDATE: Bomb Threat Suspect Caught
6AM UPDATE: Pennsylvania State Police say they now have a suspect in custody. Tommy Turner is accused of making a bomb threat from a Tracfone around 2 o'clock Thursday afternoon. Turner was supposed to be in court for a D.U.I. charge but allegedly told police he placed the bomb threat because he wanted to delay his sentencing. He alle gedly told police he didn't want to spend the holi days without his family.
11PM UPDATE: According to the Bradford County Sheriff's Office, the scene was cleared Thursday night after trooper deemed the area safe. Police searched the building for several hours, but found no potential danger. The Bradford County Courthouse will open at its normal time Friday morning. Police are not saying what caused the threat and subsequential evacuation.
7PM UPDATE: Police say the courthouse has not been cleared, and is still an active scene.
The following is information from Bradford County:
At approximately 1:54 PM today a bomb threat was received at the County Courthouse in Towanda. In response to this threat, the Bradford County Sheriff and the Bradford County Commissioners’, ordered an evacuation of the Court House as a precautionary measure. The Sheriffs’ Department, Towanda Police Department, and the Pennsylvania State Police, have searched the building and are conducting an investigation.