- EFFECTIVE IN CHEMUNG COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/16/2016 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN SCHUYLER COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/16/2016 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/16/2016 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TOMPKINS COUNTY, NY UNTIL 2/16/2016 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN BRADFORD COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/16/2016 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN POTTER COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/16/2016 7:00 AM EST
- EFFECTIVE IN TIOGA COUNTY, PA UNTIL 2/16/2016 7:00 AM EST
Gun Shot Fired After Heated Argument in Southport
SOUTHPORT (WENY) --An argument over a dog escalated last night on Southport's Robert Street, ending with a gun shot. Now an Elmira man is in custody.
Chemung County sheriff deputies say 21-year-old Naquan Moore got in a verbal dispute with residents over a dog around 10 o'clock at night. During the argument Moore allegedly took out a gun and fired a shot.
"Preparing to leave the area, when the female from that same residence went out. Tried to enter the car, to take the dog back and as that was occuring, the driver of that vehicle began to pull away," said Undersheriff William Schrom.
Investigators say as he was fleeing the scene, a woman tried to get in a car he was riding in to get the dog, and ended up getting dragged by the car. She was taken to a hospital for treatment.
After fleeing the scene, authorites put out information on Moore's vehicle.
"The Elmira Police Department located him in the city of Elmira and took him into custody without incident, they also located the vehicle, as well as the handgun that was used," said Schrom.
The female driver of the vehicle has been interviewed but no charges filed just yet pending the outcome of the victim.
Moore is charged with Criminal Possession of a weapon and Menacing.