WENY seeking to resolve negotiation with DirecTV
Lilly Broadcasting, parent of WENY, is continuing its efforts to renew its carriage agreement with DirecTV after reaching an impasse, resulting in WENY potentially not being carried by DirecTV.
We have prepared this page to help you continue to watch your local station, WENY, if DIRECTV stops providing them in the service package you subscribed to.
If DIRECTV stops providing your local channels you can still receive our news and programming through these other channels:
• Over-the-air with an antenna
• Other satellite providers
• Cable systems all through our area
• Our news is always available online through our Apple and Android apps and Web site (WENY.com).
Every employee of our TV station lives here with you - we all give time, effort and money towards bettering our town. Each of us feels terrible we have no control over DIRECTV's decision to remove local channels from a service you pay for.
The Lilly Broadcasting negotiating team has been ready and available around-the-clock to engage in substantive negotiations with DirecTV—in hopes of concluding a fair agreement that reflects the current marketplace.
We recognize viewers will be upset, and we share your frustration.
Since 2015, DIRECTV has been involved in nearly 60% of all carriage disputes with broadcasters—by far the largest amount of any pay TV operator. In fact, DIRECTV has refused to carry one or more broadcasters nearly every week since this past Christmas.
In the end, DIRECTV’s tactics will hurt their subscribers and you—our viewers. DIRECTV is making subscribers pay for programming they are not receiving. That just isn’t fair.
While DIRECTV may stop carrying WENY, we have not ‘blacked out’ our station. You may continue to receive WENY for free, over the air, and, where available, from your local cable or satellite operators. Additionally, we believe DIRECTV should offer refunds or credits to DIRECTV subscribers who are not receiving WENY. We recommend that subscribers contact DirecTV customer service to ask about a refund or a credit at 1-877-710-6331.
We hope DirecTV shares our sense of urgency in keeping WENY on for its subscribers. We appreciate the patience and support of viewers such as you, and we will continue to work diligently to reach a fair agreement that reflects the value of our stations in the current market place.
If you would like to learn more about local television and what can be done to help, please visit
You can also determine the type of antenna needed to receive the signals of Lilly Broadcasting television stations at http://www.antennaweb.org/.
Finally, to contact DirecTV regarding the inconvenience caused by its unfair tactics and unreasonable demands, please call DirecTV customer service at 1-877-710-6331.
- XCite Wrestling Training
- HS Hoops Roundup 12-10
- Notre Dame Boys and Girls Basketball Takes on Waverly & Cornell Lax Releases 2014 Schedule
- Chalk Talk Greatest Moments
- NBA New York Showdown & Syracuse Basketball Goes Big Time
- Notre Dame Ready For New Year
- Mansfield Mens and Womens Basketball Takes on Kutztown
- Bellinger to Play for Elmira Baseball
- High School Roundup & Syracuse Basketball Tops Indiana
- Pios Talk New Season
- Horseheads Bball Starts Off With Win
- Turkey Bowl 2013
- Section 4 Football All Star Game & Syracuse Basketball Nabs Maui Invitational Title
- Joel Stephens Video
- SU Basketball Tops California in the Maui Invitational Semifinals & Mansfield Basketball Struggles
- George Gilbert Video
- Twin Tiers Football Tough Guy Number 5
- Tioga Football Falls in State Final Four and Troy Advances
- Chalk Talk Pittsburgh
- M-E Tradition of Winning Put to the Test & The Elmira Express Getting Jacked for State Semifinal