City of Corning Water Department to Flush Hydrants from May 14 to May 18
CORNING, N.Y. (WENY) – The City of Corning Water Department announced today they will be flushing city hydrants beginning on May 14 through May 18 from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
During this time, customers may experience low water pressure and/or discolored water.
The Water Department asks customers to please check the cold water tap for any discoloration before using.
The schedule will be as follows:
- May 14 – Pine Street West to city line
- May 15 – Pine Street East to city line
- May 16 – Houghton Plot to Bridge Street
- May 17 – Bridge Street to Reynolds Avenue, including West William and Hillvue Avenue
- May 18 – Reynolds Avenue to city line, including areas above the railroad tracks