WENY Kids Cast - Area Zoos to Visit
(WENY) -- Disney's 'The Lion King' is a summer movie hit. The 2019 live action version of the film is familiar with Simba leading a carefree cub life with his dad grooming him to be the future king to rule over the delicate balance of nature around them. The animals and the scenes of the Pride Lands of Africa are so realistic, it almost feels like you're watching an Animal Planet documentary.
With a few weeks left in the Summer, why not check out some animals in real life?
We are lucky to be a short drive to several zoos.
1. The Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park
- last month they welcomed 2 Golden-headed Lion Tamarins
2. Rosamond Gifford Zoo in Syracuse
- they recently expanded their elephant preserve to 6 acres including a huge watering hole
3. The Wild Animal Park in Chittenango
- you can feed giraffes, llamas, birds and a camel. They also have a lot of large cats.
4. Seneca Park Zoo in Rochester
- they recently expanded their Animals of the Savanna exhibit featuring 3 lions, zebras, a white rhino, giraffes and several elephants.
Tap into your adventurous side and go explore some animals while enjoying the outdoors!